Click here for the Instructor Application Form
New 21st Century Strategies for Productivity and Time ManagementStarting: 09/03/2019$259 20 Spots Open
20 Spots Open
Dates: Tuesday September 3, 2019 to
Friday September 27, 2019
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 25
Course Num: U11.1-F19
Time is even more valuable in this century than in the last. How effective you manage your time and productivity can affect your business and personal life in so many ways. You’ll get tips and techniques you won’t get anywhere else for managing time and increasing productivity. Whether you are managing your own time, or others’ time, come away with proven tips to put into practice on Monday morning.
One month online course September 3 – 27 / Average hours 16
Unit 1: Time and Productivity Management – Evaluation
- Time Management Personal Quiz
- Workday Analysis Exercise
- Being Busy vs Producing Results
Unit 2: Challenges to Time Management and Productivity
- Distractions and Interruptions
- Concentration and Focus
- Stress Management
- New Technology and Productivity
Unit 3: Strategies and Tips to improve Time Management and Productivity
- Workday Analysis
- Planning and Prioritizing
- Techniques and Methods
- Action Program
Unit 4: Managing Your Time, Yourself and Others
- Goal setting
- Self Motivation
- Time Trackers
- The 4-Hour Workweek
- To help students understand how the workplace of today demands different time management and productivity strategies
- To provide students with practical, how to tips on improving time management and productivity
- To give students a framework for improving both their own time management and productivity, and that of others
- To provide a key knowledge set in managing others and career enhancement.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Know how to assess and evaluate time and productivity for yourself and others in the workplace
- Gain a set of knowledge skills with which to improve time management and productivity;
- Have the understanding to use goal setting, planning and action strategies to improve productivity;
- Know how to manage others time and productivity in the workplace.
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each day.
- The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
The online classroom for this course is available from September 3 - 27. This course must be completed within this time frame.