Click here for the Instructor Application Form
Developing Your Professional CareerThe session chosen is no longer availableStarting: 06/01/2020COMING SOON!
Dates: Monday June 1, 2020 to
Friday June 26, 2020
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 26
Course Num: U09.3-S20
Have you ever wondered how do I get to that next level in my career? What does it take? This course will help you identify those skills that all great leaders possess, while learning new skills that will help take you to the next level. Whether you are leading a department or a organization you will gain the knowledge you need to be successful. Learn how to incorporate a developed image and communication skills that will rocket you to that next level.
One-month course June 1 to 26, 2020 / Average hours 16
Unit 1 – Mapping your Career for Success
- Defining where you want to be in your career in 5, 10, 15 years
- Setting and monitoring your career goals
- Establishing a mentor partnership as a start in your professional career
Unit 2 – Developing your Professional Career through Non-Verbal Communication
- The difference between verbal and non-verbal communication
- Conveying the right message with your body language
- Writing what you think
- Haptics – Using touch to convey non-verbal communication
- How to understand others non-verbal communication
Unit 3 – Image is Everything
- You are your brand
- What you wear can determine where you go
- How to determine if your image is headed in the right direction
- How your communication and your image should agree with each other
Unit 4 – Using Social Media to help develop your Professional Career
- The purpose of Social Media
- How to use Social Media to create a professional online presence
- How to avoid negative image traps that many people fall victim to on Social Media
The objectives of this course are as follows:
- To provide tools needed to identify your brand
- To address the most commonly asked questions about developing your professional career
- Detail steps to identify different leadership styles
- To provide those interested in developing a professional career with a knowledge of how to use non-verbal communication effectively
After successfully completing the course you will:
- Possess the information necessary to identify the difference between verbal and non-verbal communication in the workplace
- Distinguish different styles of leadership
- Have the basic knowledge necessary to successfully lead a department or organization
- Know your brand and use tools for improvement to convey the right non-verbal message
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week. The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each week to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or email@example.com for more info.
Course Completion Requirements can be found here
The online classroom for this course is available from June 1 to 26, 2020, and this course must be completed within this time frame.