Click here for the Instructor Application Form
Keys to Customer ServiceStarting: 04/01/2019$189 20 Spots Open
20 Spots Open
Dates: Monday April 1, 2019 to
Friday April 26, 2019
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 26
Course Num: U08.1-S19
Learning to build your customer service skills will have a powerful impact on your career success as well as success in other areas of your life. Through this course you will discover the direct relationship between service skills and career achievement. You will become skilled at being an exceptional service provider. You can help your organization and your career by translating your good service intentions into a workable plan and gain knowledge of ways to consistently deliver great service. The payoff is enormous.
One-month course April 1 – 26 / Average hours 16
- Understand Service Matters
- Longevity and Loyalty
- Cost of a Lost Customer
- Engage Your Customer
- Listen to Your Customer
- Active Listening
- Avoid Improper Listening
- The Power of Feedback
- Web Sites and Electronic Communication
- Web-Based Customer Service
- Disadvantages of Web-Based Customer Service
- Evaluate Your Web-Based Customer Service
- Customer Turnoffs
- Exceed customer expectations
- Recognize and categorize customer turnoffs
- Deal with customer expectations and turnoffs
The objectives of this course are as follows:
- Students will gain an understanding of why service matters to every organization and recognize the role of customer service in career success.
- Students will discuss the essential skill of listening and list keys to provide service that wins customer loyalty.
- Students will learn techniques to defuse upset customers and learn to identify customer turnoffs.
After successfully completing the course you will:
- Explain how building customer satisfaction and loyalty is needed for a business or organization to succeed
- Calculate the possible impact of lost customers on a business or organization
- Describe the important distinction between hearing and listening
- List the five successful e-service delivery requirements
- Recognize and categorize customer turnoffs
- Discuss the importance of exceeding what customers expect
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week. The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each week to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
The online classroom for this course is available from April 1 - 26, and this course must be completed within this time frame.