Click here for the Instructor Application Form
Power SellingThe session chosen is no longer availableStarting: 11/02/2020$265 20 Spots Open
20 Spots Open
Dates: Monday November 2, 2020 to
Friday November 27, 2020
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 21
Course Num: U07.3-F20
No matter what product or service you represent, there are powerful strategies that will help you become a top-producing sales person. Gain a better understanding of the importance of the sales function and learn new skills in relationship management, prospecting, customer management, and delivering a compelling sales presentation. Move yourself or your sales team to increased success.
One-month course November 2 to 27, 2020 / Average hours 16
Unit 1: Sales and Relationship Management
- Describe career opportunities in sales
- Discuss the role of sales in business
- Demonstrate elements of successful selling
Unit 2: Prospecting and Customer Management
- Establish product strategy
- Illustrate and integrate customer strategy into sales strategy
- Target market segmentation, database marketing, customer decision-making
Unit 3: Product/Service Features and Benefits
- Differences between features and benefits
- Product differentiation and product placement
Unit 4: The Sales Presentation
- Plan, customize and conduct a sales presentation
- Handling objections; opening and closing techniques
- Servicing a sale and the use of negotiation
The objectives of this course are as follows:
- Define the importance of sales
- Summarize relationship management
- Identify strategies for prospecting and customer management
- Demonstrate the sales presentation
Students will be able to:
- Describe career opportunities in sales and discuss the role of sales in business
- Discuss and demonstrate elements of successful selling including communication styles and skills, conversation and listening skills, telephone techniques and skills, personal appearance and body language, time and records management and territory planning.
- Illustrate and integrate customer strategy into sales strategy, including target market segmentation, database marketing, the customer decision-making process and influences on the customer decision-making process.
- Recognize and utilize successful sales strategies and tools into the sales process including the ability to locate and qualify prospects.
- Discuss and be able to plan, customize and conduct a sales presentation, including product demonstration, handling objections, opening and closing techniques, servicing a sale and the use of negotiation.
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week. The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each week to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Course Completion Requirements can be found here
The online classroom for this course is available from November 2 to 27, 2020, and this course must be completed within this time frame.