Click here for the Instructor Application Form
Getting Started in SalesStarting: 05/06/2019$259 20 Spots Open
20 Spots Open
Dates: Monday May 6, 2019 to
Friday May 31, 2019
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 26
Course Num: U07.2-S19
Finding new clients or customers can be challenging, reaching out to them and actually making a sale is a whole other thing. Whether you are a beginner new to the sales process or a seasoned professional who loves selling understanding the basic steps of sales and freeing your mind of negativity is the foundation to your business success. Save time, money and effort with these tried and true proven sales techniques that are guaranteed to deliver proven results.
One-month course May 6 – 31 / Average hours 16
Unit 1: The Basics of Selling
- Understand why people buy
- Discover the six steps in making a sale
- Explore how to set goals
- Learn to deal with rejection
Unit 2: Finding, Identifying and Contacting Targeted Sales Leads
- Learn how to prospect for new leads
- Understand how to make contact and create interest with leads
- Explore different outreach and follow up techniques
- Discover ways of staying motivated
Unit 3: Creating and Managing a Sales Pipeline
- Identify and label stages in your sales pipeline
- Learn about different CRM tools for your sales pipeline
- Set up a basic sales pipeline
- Understand how to manage your sales funnel
Unit 4 Asking for the Sale and Keeping the Sale Closed
- Discover concepts of creating a preference
- Learn different closing techniques to ask for the sale
- Practice asking for the sale
- Understand how to keep the sale closed
The objectives of this course are as follows:
- To learn the basics of selling
- To understand how to find, identify, make contact and get prospects interested in buying
- To create and manage a sales pipeline
- To gain the basics in asking for the sale and closing the sale
- To master keeping the sale closed
At the end of the course you will:
- Know how to prospect for new clients and customers
- Be able to formulate plans to connect and excite sales targets
- Understand closing techniques and how to keep the sale closed
- Have created your own sales pipeline
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week. The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each week to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
The online classroom for this course is available from May 6 - 31, and this course must be completed within this time frame.