Click here for the Instructor Application Form
CSS FundamentalsStarting: 04/01/2019$319 20 Spots Open
20 Spots Open
Dates: Monday April 1, 2019 to
Friday April 26, 2019
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 26
Course Num: U06.1-S19
In this introductory course, you will learn how to style web pages using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) coding language. Topics include using inline, internal, and external CSS, web typography, formatting text, working with web colors, using Google fonts, working with id and class selectors, working with <div> elements, creating page layouts using <div> elements, and CSS box model.
One-month course April 1 – 26 / Average hours 16
Unit 1 – Getting to Know CSS:
- About CSS
- CSS syntax
- CSS types
- Working with internal CSS
- Styling text, styling links, styling lists, and styling tables
Unit 2 – Using External CSS:
- Working with external CSS sheets
- Styling a multi-page website
- Google fonts
- Web colors
Unit 3 – div Elements:
- ID Selectors
- Introduction to <div> elements
- Floating <div> elements
- Clearing Unwanted Floated Elements
- Web page layout using <div> elements
Unit 4 – More about div Elements:
- Centering a web page
- CSS box model
- Resetting margins and paddings
- Class selectors
- Inline CSS
- <span> tag
- Styling text using CSS
- Working with web colors and web fonts
- Working with inline, internal and external CSS
- Working with div elements
- Understanding id and class selectors
- Understanding CSS box model
Upon successful completion of this workshop students should be able to:
- Style HTML web pages using CSS
- Style text, lists, links and tables using CSS
- Apply inline, internal and external CSS styling
- Work with div elements
- Modify CSS box model properties
- Create web page layout using div elements
- Work with id and class selectors
- Work with web colors and web fonts
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week. The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each week to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or email@example.com for more info.
The online classroom for this course is available from April 1 to 26, and this course must be completed within this time frame.