Click here for the Instructor Application Form
Certificate in Web DesignStarting: 09/03/2019$779 20 Spots Open
20 Spots Open
Dates: Tuesday September 3, 2019 to
Saturday November 30, 2019
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 84
Course Num: U05-F19
Online users say a website’s design is the number one criteria for deciding whether a company is credible or not, according to recent research. Understanding what it takes to produce effective web design is essential in today’s market of highly saturated digital competition. First discover the basics of web design using HTML and CSS. No prior knowledge of HTML or web design is required. After the first course you will have the info you need to plan and design effective web pages. Then find out how to create effective and dynamic websites/applications. Take away a functioning web application hosted on a web server that is both accessible and Search Engine Optimized. Finally, learn about responsive design process, advanced layout and design features using the Bootstrap framework. Plus explore CMS frameworks and industry standard technologies and frameworks.
Three one-month courses / Average hours 48 / Certificate fee includes all three courses and Certificate
Introduction to Web Design – April 1 to 26
Online users say a website’s design is the number one criteria for deciding whether a company is credible or not, according to recent research. Understanding what it takes to produce effective web design is essential in today’s market of highly saturated digital competition. Discover the basics of web design using HTML and CSS. No prior knowledge of HTML or web design is required. Throughout the course you will get the info you need to plan and design effective web pages. Come away knowing how to implement web pages by writing HTML and CSS code. And discover ways to enhance web pages with the use of page layout techniques, text formatting, graphics, and images.
Unit 1 – The Principles of Web Design
Unit 2 – Structure vs Presentation
Unit 3 – Web Graphics and Content
Unit 4 – Publishing Your Site
Intermediate Web Design – May 6 to 31
Anyone wanting to find out how to create effective and dynamic websites/applications will want to take this course. You may be a webmaster or a graphic designer already creating static websites wishing to take your skills to the next level. You will acquire the fundamentals of the most popular Web 2.0 technologies. You will take away a functioning web application hosted on a web server that is both accessible and Search Engine Optimized.
Unit 2 – MySQL
Unit 3 – PHP
Unit 4 – Accessibility and Search Engine Optimization
Advanced Web Design – June 3 to 28
Responsive Web design enables Web designers and developers to build and maintain a single website to serve all kinds of devices sizes: smartphones, tablets, laptops and more. Acquire advanced techniques in web design. Upon completion of this course, you will have a thorough knowledge of web design and development. Topics include the responsive design process, advanced layout and design features using the Bootstrap framework, exploration of CMS frameworks and industry standard technologies and frameworks.
Unit 1: Responsive Web Design
Unit 2: Responsive Web Design – Styling
Unit 3: Responsive Web Design – Styling the Navigation & Making Adjustments
Unit 4: Responsive Web Design / Additional Frameworks
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week. The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each week to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.