Click here for the Instructor Application Form
Graphic Design for Visual PresentationsThe session chosen is no longer availableStarting: 11/02/2020$265 20 Spots Open
20 Spots Open
Dates: Monday November 2, 2020 to
Friday November 27, 2020
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 21
Course Num: U04.3-F20
Make your visual presentations look professional and communicate effectively. Get the latest most advanced techniques on graphic design principles, including page layout, typography and basic design considerations. Take away more skills to create an effective and beautiful visual presentation on any presentation software program that you choose.
One month online course November 2 to 27, 2020 / Average hours 16
Unit 1 – Design Principles
- Compare effective visual presentations vs. poorly executed visual presentations
Unit 2 – Design Principles Part 2
- Balance / Unity
- Page Layout
- Analyzing the work of a professional designer to draw inspiration
Unit 3 – Branding
- Your company’s brand, visually, core messaging (Analyze how to incorporate that into the presentation)
- Inspiration Board
- Concept / Theme of Presentation
- Stock Images and Illustrations that communicate to target markets
Unit 4 – Execute Your Visual Presentation
- Getting Critiques for Improvement
- Getting Feedback from Professional in your Industry / Target
- Expanding presentation to different formats – web, info graphics, in-person
- Produce a highly effective visual presentation in the software of your choice
- Create a beautiful visual presentation with deliberate design decisions
- Have an Inspiration Board to assist with the creative process of the project
- Have a strategic collection of stock images and illustrations to use for the visual presentation that communicates effectively to your target markets
- Produce visual presentation that is cohesive with your brand with a strong concept and theme
You will learn how to create effective visual presentations by learning:
- Understand the difference between good and poor design
- Utilize simple typographic, color, layout principles
- Choose proper images and illustrations for your project
- Analyze a professional designer’s work and learn from them
- Understand brand identity standards and how to use them
- Discover the relationship between concept and theme
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages per week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week. The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Course Completion Requirements can be found here
The online classroom for this course is available from November 2 to 27, 2020. This course must be completed within this time frame.