Click here for the Instructor Application Form
Photoshop for PresentationsStarting: 05/06/2019$259 20 Spots Open
20 Spots Open
Dates: Monday May 6, 2019 to
Friday May 31, 2019
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 26
Course Num: U04.2-S19
Acquire the skills to navigate an extensive list of Photoshop features. You will gain both a foundational and advanced understanding of the popular software, and practice the most commonly used methods, such as managing text, working with layers, and image file properties. You will find out the purpose of each photo-editing tool and walk away with the skills to use them. You will even learn what the pros know.
One month online course May 6 – 31 / Average 16 hours
Unit 1: Files
- Opening files and creating a new file
- File properties: Resolution, mode and canvas vs. size
- Saving files: methods and formats
- Rulers, guides, and grids
- Navigating layers: Create, edit, blend, and mask
Unit 2: Basic Tools
- Brushes, fill, and eraser
- Blur, smudge, clone, and heal
- Shapes and lines, introduction to vector graphics
- Adjustments and adjustment layers
Unit 3: Managing Text
- Creating text: Font properties, alignment and color
- Text boxes and paragraph properties
- Character properties and spacing
- Vertical text and text effects
Unit 4: What the pros know
- Creating swatches
- Some filters are more useful than others
- Create your own shapes and brushes
- Save time with Photoshop actions
- To provide practical knowledge of the basic Photoshop tools
- To provide an introduction to managing text in Photoshop
- To address technical issues such as file properties and formats
- To provide information about customizing the interface for your specific needs
At the end of this course, you will:
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of basic Photoshop tools
- Possess the skills to work with text in Photoshop
- Understand file properties and formats
- Know how to customize the interface for your needs
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages per week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week.
- The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or email@example.com for more info.
The online classroom for this course is available from May 6 - 31. This course must be completed within this time frame.