Click here for the Instructor Application Form
Certificate in Presentation MediaStarting: 09/03/2019$645 20 Spots Open
20 Spots Open
Dates: Tuesday September 3, 2019 to
Friday November 29, 2019
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 84
Course Num: U04-F19
Presentation media are key to communication, sales, speeches and any other effective presentation today. Whether your presentation is online or in-person, presentation media not only enhance your message, but often make your message successful.
You will be exposed to a powerful, concise way to present information using Infographics. Learn the finer points of Photoshop for presentations. Then, discover the design elements to creating visual presentations for success using any media.
Take away critical skills for both training yourself and others in your organization. You will come away with the latest, most advanced practical and design knowledge in presentation media.
Three one-month online courses / Average hours 48
Infographics – Course #U04.1-S19: April 1 to 26
After taking this course in “Infographics”, students will be exposed to a powerful, concise way to present information. The course begins with a history of Infographics and the types of infographics used in Business, Education and Industry. Students will be exposed to Pinterest and other web-based sources of infographics. The course proceeds to an exposure to various user-friendly infographic creation websites. Students will learn the basics of designing infographics and be able to make their own simple infographic.
Photoshop for Presentations – Course #U04.2-S19: May 6 to 31
Acquire the skills to navigate an extensive list of Photoshop features. You will gain both a foundational and advanced understanding of the popular software, and practice the most commonly used methods, such as managing text, working with layers, and image file properties. You will find out the purpose of each photo-editing tool and walk away with the skills to use them. You will even learn what the pros know.
Graphic Design for Visual Presentations – Course #U04.3-S19: June 3 to 28
Make your visual presentations look professional and communicate effectively. Get the latest most advanced techniques on graphic design principles, including page layout, typography and basic design considerations. Take away more skills to create an effective and beautiful visual presentation on any presentation software program that you choose.
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each day.
- The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
The Certificate In Presentation Media is comprised of 3 individual courses. Participants may register for the entire program or for courses individually.