Click here for the Instructor Application Form
Certificate in Business WritingStarting: 09/03/2019$645 20 Spots Open
20 Spots Open
Dates: Tuesday September 3, 2019 to
Saturday November 30, 2019
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 84
Course Num: U03-F19
Discover the keys to successful writing for the workplace. Whether you are writing a report, memo, letter or publicity notice, business writing has some defined characteristics for success. Successful communicators in the workplace move forward, others move back. Enhance your career by improving this critical communication skill. Begin with understanding the format, construction, and successful techniques of writing good business reports and proposals. Then improve your skills with editing and proofreading. Finally, discover what good journalists know. Learn how to write a news story, press release or other publicity notice that zings. Help your organization stand out with your new skills in business writing. This certificate will take you to the next level where business writing is a skill for personal and organizational success.
Three one-month online courses / Average hours 48
Business Writing – Course #U03.1-S19: April 1 to 26
Take away the key practices you need to develop and hone your business writing communication effectively and successfully. Get the best practices for crafting effective, professional business documents. Find out how to avoid grammatical pitfalls. And acquire business writing principles that will be good for years to come.
Effective Copywriting – Course #U03.2-S19: May 6 to 31
Whether you are sending out a press release, communicating internally with a memo or promoting your own skills on LinkedIn, strong writing skills are the key to success. Come away with the tools and techniques you need to improve your copywriting skills and learn how to avoid the common writing mistakes that can hold you back.
Writing News and Press Releases – Course #U03.3-S19: June 3 to 28
Being able to write a good news story, press release or publicity notice is a skill that can set you apart in the workplace. Getting the word out is an essential activity for every organization. Acquire the skills good journalists have and learn how to craft a news story, press release or publicity notice that will get attention.
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each day.
- The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or email@example.com for more info.
The Certificate in Business Writing is comprised of 3 individual courses. Participants may register for the entire program or for courses individually.