Click here for the Instructor Application Form
Entrepreneurial MarketingStarting: 06/03/2019$259 20 Spots Open
20 Spots Open
Dates: Monday June 3, 2019 to
Friday June 28, 2019
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 26
Course Num: U02.3-S19
To succeed in today’s marketplace, entrepreneurs must know how to effectively market their product or service. This course offers you a step by step approach to attract and keep customers, all within a realistic budget. With an emphasis on customer-driven marketing decisions, you will learn how to build a strong brand, analyze which tactics to use, and implement your marketing plan. Whether you are starting a business or growing an existing one, you will take away practical marketing tips and tools that you can use to improve your marketing efforts.
One month online course June 3 – 28 / Average hours 16
Unit 1: The Customer as the Driver
- Marketing Decisions Framework
- Positioning Your Product or Service
- Marketing Strategies and Goals
Unit 2: Communicating Value to Customers
- Key Selling Messages
- Creating Emotional Connections
- Personal Selling
- Networking: Your 30-Second Introduction
Unit 3: Creating a Strong Brand
- Managing the Marketing Mix
- Marketing on a Shoestring Budget
- Your Marketing Calendar
- Implementing Your Plan
Unit 4: Building Customer Relationships
- Tools to Meet Your Strategic Goals
- Online Opportunities and Social Media Checklist
- Generating Buzz: Word-of-Mouth Marketing
- Measuring Effectiveness
- Increase your understanding of your customers and the best ways to reach them and keep them
- Develop a flexible framework to evaluate marketing decisions to successfully grow your business
- Identify effective selling messages
- Learn how to build your brand on a limited budget
- Gain practical skills and tips to help you start marketing your business today
Upon successful completion of this course, you will:
- Possess an understanding of your customers to support your marketing efforts
- Know the steps to build a strong brand
- Have a marketing calendar and budget
- Know which marketing tools will be most effective for your business
- Have key selling messages for your business
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each day.
- The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or email@example.com for more info.
The online classroom for this course is available from June 3 - 28. This course must be completed within this time frame.