Click here for the Instructor Application Form
The Business PlanStarting: 05/06/2019$259 20 Spots Open
20 Spots Open
Dates: Monday May 6, 2019 to
Friday May 31, 2019
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 26
Course Num: U02.2-S19
Whether starting a business or growing the one you have, a business plan serves as a roadmap and can help secure needed funding. In this course, you evaluate the many aspects and potential hurdles of the business and build the Business Plan, one step at a time. This practical, hands-on approach encourages you to immerse yourself in the vision and planning aspects of your business. Focusing on the most critical components of the Business Plan enables you to uncover hidden risks and assess the business from a marketing, management, and financial vantage point.
One-month online course May 6 – 31 / Average 16 hours
Unit 1: Getting Started—Refine your concept and begin your plan
- Prepare your concept statement—What, Who, Why, When, and How
- Identify product/service features and benefits
- Identify limitation, liabilities, and regulations
- Write your Business Description and evaluate it against a Business Description checklist
Unit 2: Prepare the Marketing Plan
- Conduct an industry and competitive analysis
- Perform a market analysis and identify target markets and a market penetration strategy
- Identify your pricing strategy
- Write your Marketing Plan and evaluate it against a Marketing Plan checklist
Unit 3: Prepare the Management and Financial Plans
- Identify key people and positions, duties and responsibilities
- Determine funding needs and sources
- Create sales and expense estimates
Write your Management and Financial Plans and evaluate them against checklists
Unit 4: Complete the Business Plan and Assess Business Feasibility
- Polish the plan and add final elements—Cover Page, Executive Summary, Table of Contents
- Evaluate business plan against checklist and identify items in need of additional work
- Assess business against feasibility checklist
- Identify next steps
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Write a clear, succinct business concept statement
- Conduct research on your business and its relation to the industry, competition, and marketplace
- Project funding requirements, sales, and expenses for your business
- Research, develop, and write core elements of a business plan, which you can continue to expand and research after the conclusion of the course
- Evaluate your business for feasibility
At the end of this course, you will:
- Possess a clear description of your proposed business
- Have the basic components of a business plan
- Possess a detailed checklist for next steps to research and launch your business
- Analyze the feasibility of your business
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week
- The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
The online classroom for this course is available from May 6 - 31. This course must be completed within this time frame.
Instructor:Mary Beth Izard