Click here for the Instructor Application Form
Entrepreneurship Boot CampStarting: 02/03/2020$259 20 Spots Open
20 Spots Open
Dates: Monday February 3, 2020 to
Friday February 28, 2020
TIME: 12:01AM to 11:59PM
Num. of Classes: 21
Course Num: U02.1-W20
Starting a business is something that all of us have thought about at one time or another. Everyone wants to be their own boss. Yet statistics show that most businesses fail within the first five years. This course provides insight into the characteristics, knowledge and skills needed to become a successful entrepreneur.
At the end of this course, you will be able to identify the abilities required of successful entrepreneurs and how to acquire them, develop goals to help establish your business, develop an outline for your plan, and take home techniques to successfully manage your new business.
One month online course February 3 – 28, 2020 / Average hours 16
- What is an Entrepreneur?
- Checklist for Going Into Business
- Are You A Potential Entrepreneur?
- Success, Self-Esteem and Goals
- Brainstorming Business Ideas
- As You Start Your Business
- Selecting A Legal Structure
- Licensing And Registrations
- Planning Your Business
- Using Technology
- The Essential Eleven Computer Skills
- Marketing Strategies
- Internet Opportunities
- Managing Your Business
- Financial Statements
- Record Keeping And Taxes
- Grants And Government Programs
- To provide individuals with information about starting a business
- To identify the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs
- To identify the importance of goal setting and planning
- To understand how technology is used by businesses
- To provide guidance on record keeping for businesses
- To provide information on grants and government business programs
Upon successful completion of the course, you will:
- identify the knowledge, skills and abilities required of successful entrepreneurs and how to acquire them
- develop goals to help establish your business
- understand how to establish a legal business entity
- develop an outline for your business plan
- know how to use technology to make your business more professional
- generate ideas on what types of business to consider
- determine if starting a business is right for you
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
- For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each day.
- The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or email@example.com for more info.
The online classroom for this course is available from February 3 - 28, 2020 and this course must be completed within this time frame.
Instructor:Conrad Brian Law