Click here for the Instructor Application Form
Stress Management in the WorkplaceCOMPLETE
Stress isn’t the enemy. It is our perceptions of stress that amp our anxiety and use up all our steam. Events happen every day. How we interpret those events can set the stage for how we feel and how we react to others. Reducing stress is as easy as understanding what stress is, understanding what stress is to you, and using that knowledge to restructure your thoughts. Turn stress into a stepping stone, not a stumbling block!
One-month online course April 1 – 26 / Average hours 16
Unit 1 – Defining the stress monster
- How we “you” appraise stress
- How social settings define stress for you
- Knowing who is in control
Unit 2 – How our views or beliefs help or hinder our stress
- Irrational beliefs about stress
- Gaining control
- Knowing what you can handle
Unit 3 – Positive Psychology
- Optimism, even if you are not an optimist
- Flow and setting your groove
- Mindfulness and being in the present
- Pleasure and why you need it
Unit 4 – Ways to reduce stress
- Getting it together with time management
- Calling out the troops, your friends
- Relaxing and mindful meditation
- Laughter and praising yourself
- Define: Demonstrate familiarity and understanding of how stress is defined and identify what stress means on a personal level.
- Perceive: Gain a basic understanding of how one’s own perceptions and beliefs significantly influence the amount of stress they experience.
- Learn: Gain an understanding of some of the research in the field of psychology, with regards to stress.
- Application: Gain a basic understanding and have an opportunity to apply principles learned in this course to potentially assist them in reducing stress.
- At the end of this course you will have a basic understanding of how stress is defined
- Taking this course will give you a deeper understanding of yourself and how stress affects you
- Upon completion of this course you will gain an understanding of how your thoughts and beliefs help or hinder your stress levels
- When you complete this course, you will have some activities and the basic knowledge to create your own activities to help you reduce your stress
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate. For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week. The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
- The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
- Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each week to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
- Please provide a separate cheque or money order for each course.
- Confirmation’s will be emailed at the time of registration.
- Full refunds will be issued for courses cancelled by Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education.
- Refunds are issued for cancellations made at the request of the registrant up to seven days prior to the start date of the course and are subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds will NOT be granted for cancellations made fewer than seven days prior to the course start date.
Please contact the Louis Riel School Division Continuing Education at (204)237-8130 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Course Completion Requirements can be found here